- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 pound boneless beef top sirloin, visible fat removed, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped red potato
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine first ten ingredients (through cilantro) in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes (or until potato is done).
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Place 2 baking sheets in oven.
- Drain meat mixture in a colander. Discard liquid.
- Finely chop meat mixture with a knife or in food processor (do not over chop in food processor).
- Whisk together cornstarch and water.
- Place 1 tbs beef mixture into center of wonton wrapper. Moisten the edges with cornstarch mixture. Bring opposite corners together to form a triangle. Pinch the edges to seal. Place on a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining beef mixture and wrappers, keeping remaining wrappers under a damp towel to keep them from drying out.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and coat with cooking spray.
- Arrange empanadas in a single layer on cooking sheets and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400F for 8 minutes or until golden, turning once.
(Per Serving) Serving Size: 3 empanadas; Calories: 113; Total Fat: 1.1g; Sodium: 202mg; Total Carbohydrate: 17.8g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Protein: 7.4g
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12