- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread (day old bread is easier to use)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced strawberries or other fruit of your choice
- 1/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
- dash cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, and add milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat together until mixed well.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time in the egg mixture to coat both sides.
- Place in hot skillet. Brown each side, about 2 minutes or more.
- Serve the toast with pancake syrup, fruit sauce or applesauce.
- Combine syrup and cinnamon in microwave safe dish.
- Place in microwave and heat approximately 30 seconds or until warm.
- Spoon over fruit and toss gently. Serve immediately over French toast.
French Toast (Per Serving) Serving Size: 1 slice; Calories: 130; Total Fat: 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g); Sodium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate: 15g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein: 7g
Fruit Topping (Per Serving) Serving Size: 1/4 cup; Calories: 5; Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g); Sodium 10mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Protein: 0g
If you have more than you can use, freeze and save for another day. Your French toast can be reheated in the microwave, toaster, or toaster oven.