- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups spring salad mix
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, diced
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Whisk maple syrup (or brown sugar), vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add spinach, watercress, strawberries and chives; toss to coat.
- Divide the salad mix among 4 plates; top with chicken, pecans and goat cheese.
(Per Serving) Serving size: about 1 1/2 cups each; Calories: 290; Total Fat: 18g (Saturated Fat: 3.5g); Cholesterol: 40mg; Sodium: 270mg; Total Carbohydrate: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Protein: 19g
Number of servings (yield): 4